So I’ve been completing my bucket list for a number of years and I thought that, perhaps, it was time to actually record everything in the one place!
My Bucket List is forever evolving – for every item I tick off, I am probably adding three or four more. However, isn’t that the point? To keep trying new things, exploring, adventuring, seeing what I am capable of and what this amazing world has to offer? To be brave with your life in whatever way you want to be….
There is particular order, rhyme or reason to this list…. but let’s start with completed items or items currently in progress!
Complete or in progress…. (photos still being added!)
1. Learn, learn, learn – whether it be through qualifications, courses, professional development. Don’t stop learning…
2. Put my feet in every sea and ocean in the world… (in progress!)
3. See the Amazon Rainforest
4. Whitewater Rafting
5. Bridging (Banos, Ecuador)
6. Get a tattoo (or three…)
7. Give roller derby a try!
8. Where there is a chance to swim in a waterfall pool, do it!
9. While you are at it, why don’t you try and climb a waterfall.
10. Stand with one foot either side of the equator.
11. Once, just once, stay in absolute luxury (Wild Water Lodge, Uganda)!
12. Perform in The Vagina Monologues (twice!)
13. See The Big Five (Buffalo, Leopard, Elephant, Lion and Rhino)
14. Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
15. Run 5k and 10k – prove to yourself that you can do it! Do the Colour Run! Do the Santa Run!
16. Get fit and healthy and do your best to stay that way!
17. Make a speech in public – one that you have written yourself – and make people laugh!
18. Visit New York, walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, cycle through Central Park, fall in love with Brooklyn, see a Broadway play and musical, visit Tiffany’s….
19. Eat Oysters
20. Go snorkelling.
21. Embrace your geeky Gaiman side and do that Corpse Bride costume you’ve always wanted to!
22. Live in wonderful places all over the world!
23. Play in bands again and embrace making music with friends.
24. Go Ape!
25. Never pass by an opportunity to dress up in a ridiculous costume!
26. Take a flight in a tiny plane!
27. Forget about your tummy or your thighs – wear the bikini!
28. See the sun rise over the Serengeti.
29. Visit beautiful places all over the world… (this is continually in progress!)
30. Go whale watching.
31. Ride the train on the Nariz del Diablo.
32. Swing on the rope swing at Casa D’Arbol
33. Give surfing a try!
35. Milk a cow
Still to do:
36. Go on a sea plane
37. Dog sledding
38. Dive with sharks
39. Indoor skydive
40. Tandem skydive
41. Try kite surfing
43. Go on a hot air balloon ride
44. Scuba Dive
45. Swim with dolphins
47. Visit an elephant orphanage
48. Visit the Virunga Volcano in DRC
49. Cuddle a Koala
50. See baby turtles hatching and going to the ocean
51. Sleep in a yurt
52. Sleep in an igloo
53. See the Northern Lights
54. Meet a world leader
55. Be published
56. Write a book
57. Listen to jazz and blues in New Orleans
58. Ride the trams in San Francisco and see the Golden Gate Bridge
59. Attend a film premiere
60. Fly on a trapeze
61. Be upgraded on a flight
62. Go on a cruise
63. Go to San Diego Comic Con
64. Record a song
65. Go to Wimbledon for finals day
66. Visit the Blue Lagoon in Iceland
67. Catch, cook and eat a fish
68. Drink in an ice bar
69. Make cheese.
70. Be in the New York Times Bestsellers List
71. Experience weightlessness
72. Get ordained (to be able to do friends weddings!)
73. Own an original piece of artwork
74. Give a Keynote Speech
75. Give a Ted Talk
76. Learn a new language fluently
77. Read a banned book
78. Go to Graceland
79. Learn a martial art
80. Stand up paddleboard
81. Take a self-defense class
82. Take a tap dance class
83. Fly in a helicopter
85. Ride in a tuk tuk
86. Fly first class
87. Celebrate Christmas in a different country
88. Step foot in all 7 continents
89. See the Pyramids
90. See a Mayan ruin
91. Stay on a vineyard
92. Walk on a glacier
93. See the Grand Canyon
94. Do the Hollywood Walk of Fame
95. Stand under the Hollywood sign
96. Walk on Waianapanapa Black Sand Beach in Hawaii
97. Spend the night in Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts
98. See Niagara Falls
99. Visit the White House
100. Ride the Orient Express
101. Ride the Trans-Siberian Railway
102. See the Sydney Opera House
103. Walk on the pink shore of Lake Natron, Tanzania
104. Sleep in an overwater bungalow on Bora Bora
105. Walk the Great Wall of China
106. Take a tour of Abbey Road Studios in London
107. Stay in a glass igloo in Finland
108. See the Eiffel Tower glitter at night
109. See iconic works of art – Starry Night at MoMA (done!) and the Mona Lisa at the Louvre
110. Drink beer at Oktoberfest in Munich
111. Walk Through the Wisteria Tunnel at Kawachi Fuji Gardens, in Kitakyushu, Japan
112. Explore the Ancient Ruins of Petra in Jordan
113. Float in the Dead Sea (Jordan/Israel)
114. Float down the Mekong River in Laos
115. Stay at the Boat Hotel in Cocoa Island in the Maldives
116. Eat ath the Underwater Hotel in the Maldives
117. Explore the Van Gogh Museum in the Netherlands
118. Explore the Waitomo Glowworm in New Zealand
119. Do the giant rope swing in Queenstown, New Zealand
120. Sit on the edge of Preikestolen in Norway
121. Hike the Inca Trail in Peru
122. Let go of a floating lantern at Loi Krathong in Thailand
123. Shop at the Floating Market in Vietnam
124. Take a junk boat ride through Ha Long Bay in Vietnam.
125. Go to Burning Man Festival
126. Go to the Rio Carnival
127. Go to La Tomatina in Spain
128. Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Times Square
129. Stay at the Ice Hotel in Sweden
130. Swim with the manatees at Crystal River, Florida
131. Edge Walk at Toronto’s CN Tower
132. Hike the Appalachian Trail
133. Learn to juggle
134. Go to the Olympics
135. Get a Masters and PhD
136. Be part of a flashmob
137. Buy a same day plane ticket to a foreign country
138. Fly a plane
139. Take a cocktail making class
140. Ride a motorcycle
141. See Iguazu Falls in Argentina
142. Bathe in the pool at the top of Victoria Falls, Zambia
143. See Mount Everest in Nepal
144. Train to be an astronaut
145. Be a vintage model for a day
146. Go to circus school
147. Write a children’s book
148. Learn how to do a backflip
149. Attend Coachella Music Festival
150. Learn how to sail